Note: This free download is intended for educational use only and should not be used for commercial purposes.
*JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP TO GET IT FOR FREE, REACH OUT TO JOIN!📥 *
Highlight Plus – All in One Outline Selection Effects v10.2
"Please consider purchasing the asset to support the developer."
Highlight Plus adds outline, glow, overlay, see-through and other effects to objects and characters in your scene.
Highlight Plus is a powerful asset that adds outline, glow, overlay, see-through and other effects to objects and characters in your scene. HP has been designed with platform compatibility and performance in mind, as well as versatility and ease of use.
** Visual Effects **
Combine any number of effects on single or multiple objects from a single script:
- Outline: 4 quality levels including mesh-based instancing rendering and screen-space with optimal blit region. Customizable color, alpha, width, gradient, visibility options (normal, always in front, behind) and more.
- Outer Glow: great for per-object bloom and aura effects. 4 quality levels, also mesh-based instanced rendering and screen-space with fully customizable controls including visibility, smooth or noise/dither effect, animation, blending, mask and more.
- Inner/Rim Glow: with customizable color, width, blend modes, intensity and visibility.
- Overlay: color or textured overlay with different uv mapping options, alpha and animation speed, custom blending options.
- Target: add aiming or special indicators on specific parts of any gameobject with fully control of animation and appearance details, like colors, texture, transitions, etc.
- Area of effect: target effect option which adds an aligned to ground animated graphic under a gameobject or character (similar to decals).
- See-Through: reveal objects or characters behind solid occluders. Customize intensity, tint color and alpha. Occluded objects keep their correct depth. Plus additional colored border option.
- Hit/Flash effect with 3 variations, customizable color, intensity and fade out duration.
** Key Features **
- Preview effect in Editor (no need to go into play mode).
- Extreme flexibility: can affect individual or group of objects or run in automatic mode with layer option.
- Option to trigger by entering a volume, by using highlight managers or using C#.
- Can exclude specific submeshes.
- Event system to fine-control automatic mode.
- Fade in/out.
- Camera distance fade.
- Copy settings into reusable profiles.
- Works with 3D objects and skinned meshes.
- Supports LOD groups.
- Supports sprite renderers (outline, glow, overlay and hit-fx effects on sprites are supported).
- Works with orthographic and perspective cameras as well as with multiple cameras.
- Safe: does not modify object materials, shader nor mesh.
- Performant: this is not a full screen image effect.
- Highlight and Selected states are supported, with options to select multiple objects at the same time using the Highlight Manager.
** Components **
Highlight Plus can be used as:
- Single component (script) attached to any object, character or sprite and fully controlled from its inspector or using C#.
- Using Highlight Managers components, which takes care of highlighting on objects and their state. The Highlight Trigger component will automate the highlight effects on a specific object while the Highlight Manager system can manage the highlight effects from a single manager.
- C# source and comprehensive API included.
** Platform compatibility **
Built-in / Standard pipeline (Unity 2020.3+)
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, WebGL, PS4.
- VR compatible.
- Super fast on mobile.
Universal Rendering Pipeline (Unity 2020.3+)
The asset includes a version designed for Universal Rendering Pipeline as well.
Note: Highlight Plus is designed to work with mesh, sprite and skinned mesh renderers (3D objects, characters, sprites and 2D quads). UI is not supported.
*** IF YOU'VE FOUND A BUG OR BROKEN LINK, PLEASE LET US KNOW. 🐞🔗 **