Get the Adaptive Split Screen for FREE! Please note that this asset is intended for educational and testing purposes only. It is not permitted for commercial use.
*JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP TO GET IT FOR FREE, REACH OUT TO JOIN!📥 *
Adaptive Split Screen v1.0.0
Adaptive Split Screen v1.2.0 (Latest version)
To get the latest version for $10 with fast download links, please contact us.
Please Note: If you are unable to make a donation at the moment and are interested in obtaining this asset alone, we have an “Asset Exchange Policy” in place. For further details, please feel free to reach out to us via this link: https://wa.link/v231fz Alternatively, you can also join our Membership to gain access to all our Premium Assets.
“Please consider purchasing the asset to support the developer.”
It is recommended for co-op-style games. Especially if the world is not small and players can be far away from each other.
This is a novel solution for split screens based on Voronoi diagrams. One can think of it as an extension of a traditional dynamic split-screen for up to 4 players.
- Fairness – option for each player to have a similar screen region area.
- Centered – option for each player to be centered in their screen region.
- Direction Indicated – each split indicates the direction to the other player.
- Fusible – players’ screen regions can be merged once they are close enough.
The package is designed to be easily customizable and approachable from the artist’s to the developer’s background.
There are 4 layers of API
- SplitScreenEffect – the main MonoBehaviour component that applies split screen effect on the camera.
- Modifier – custom MonoBehaviour components for modifying the logic of SplitScreenEffect.
- SplitScreen4, SplitScreen3, and SplitScreen2 – structs for generating split screen effect.
- VoronoiBuilder, VoronoiDiagram – structs for generating Voronoi diagrams from sites.
The documentation linked in the discord channel
- Tested with Unity 2019.4
- Package com.unity.mathematics
- Package com.unity.collections
- Package com.unity.burst
Note: 4-player fairness comes with the cost of space continuity. Which will be improved in the future.
*** IF YOU'VE FOUND A BUG OR BROKEN LINK, PLEASE LET US KNOW. 🐞🔗 **